Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Five Abstracts and a story~

I'm very excited! This weekend, hubby and I are going on a beach camping trip to Makua beach. The beach is on the less-populated, west side of the island of Oahu, very different from heavy-populated East Oahu, where we live and the views are absolutely stunning! It's great to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and if we're lucky, wild dolphins will come out in the morning and swim with us. One year they swam less than 25 yards from the beach!  We've been camping out at this specific beach for my birthday for over 15 years now. The most memorable campout has to be my 30th birthday, when over 100 people showed up to celebrate with me - what joy to call all of those people my friends! I hope to take lots of photos this year and share them with new and old blog and Facebook friends. We're hoping for good weather but will go in any case (weather in Hawaii is never too bad, lol).  This year friends from the mainland and from an outer island are flying in for the celebration, too. We usually have a bonfire after sunset and a native-American sweat lodge (that my friend builds out of tarps and hot rocks from the fire) for people to sweat it out and jump in the ocean afterwards. Sometimes we make s'mores, and there is always music: guitars, sitar, celtic harp and cello and I tootle along on my harmonica while watching the crackling campfire and drinking champagne and looking at all the brilliant stars in the sky. Stay tuned for pictures and a run-down on what happened this year!
______________________

Below are five of my pure abstract paintings. The color reflects the bright colors of the islands and the large dose of pure sunshine that we get in Hawaii every day. Hope you enjoy them! The originals are available as well as prints. Contact me here if you want to buy an original: swartzkopf@yahoo.com
 Aloha~


 An abstact take on an abstract pineapple, called "Psychedelic Pineapple". Buy a print here: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/psychedelic-pineapple-erika-swartzkopf.html


 This one is called "Flowerfall", kinda a cross between a waterfall and a flower. Prints available here: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-flowerfall-erika-swartzkopf.html



 The one above is called "Rainbow Spirals", I like how the composition has so much movement in it. Buy a print here: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/rainbow-spirals-erika-swartzkopf.html




The painting above is called "Underwater Space Flowers". The flowers seem to take on sea creature forms, swimming around under the ocean with vibrant colors. Buy a print here: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-underwater-space-flowers-erika-swartzkopf.html



The last one (above) is a painting called "Luscious Eyes", inspired by my cat's big, beautiful, feline eyes. It's an abstract take on cats' eyes and looks like a mask to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment