Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Bones gig at Rafters and Tikis at The Ferrarver Young Festival~

So, I just had one of those fabulous Labor Day weekends that you never want to end. On Friday night, hubby Joe played cello at Ward's Rafters, the house of a lady named Jackie in Kaimuki, who has been having live entertainment at her house for over 20 years now every weekend. The Bones band include: Electric cello (Joe), electric fiddle (Lisa Gomes), electric stand-up bass (Ian Chaimes), and Steve Orenstein on guitar -  they were awesome:



Then, on Sunday night, my friend Derek turned 50 and organized the Ferrarver Young Festival with three of our friends' bands playing a gig at La Mariana Sailing Club on Sand Island: Hamajang, Mary's Meltdown and Oriental Love Ring. Derek let me have a small table and sell some of my art there, and I sold some = awesome!  Danced more than I have in a long time. Not sure if my friends ARE getting old after all, they still look pretty young to me. It was a fantastic night.

 Here is my Tiki-art-for-sale table

 Good friends!

The indoor waterfall is way cool!

Turning 50!

Hamajang band played a great set!

Best Tiki Costumes award!

Joe made it for the last set after work, yay~ 



Mary's Meltdown ROCKED the house during their awesome set!

 More friends

The birthday boy Derek is blue and Mr. Charlie

Hamajang in MOTION!!

 Havin' fun!

 Tikilicious!

 Oriental Love Ring with Marti Nice sittin' in, they rocked out~



No comments:

Post a Comment